Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Ward and New House...ish



Today was supposed to be my first official day in our new ward. Instead, I spent my first official day in a ward I didn't belong to, and then spent my first official day in our new ward, which was also my second day in the Graham ward.

Official and technical are two totally different things, btw. And today... it was official. Donald and I went to the Graham ward a few weeks ago.

The Graham ward clerk took 20 minutes intensely consulting with the other ward's clerk on which ward we belonged in. Not only were there 3 different wards in our area, but there were 3 different stakes. Is it Graham? Or the Elk Plain ward? Or perhaps Spanaway?

Their final decision? None of the above. We were sent to another building.
I went the Pioneer Valley ward today... but guess what? We're not in that ward either. No worries though, they gladly informed us that we would be in the Gem Heights ward, which meets in the same building. He then took me to that Bishop's office. One interrupted Bishopric meeting, eight men, and twenty minutes later... I was sent back to the Graham ward.


...and that's leaving out a lot of exciting details.


Apparently we're 200 yards away from one ward, and mere blocks away from two others.


All is well that ends well, and I love our new ward!

Oh, and being in a new ward involves one huge detail. Yes, we have a house! Well... sorta. We're under contract for a house that's being built to our specifications in a new community out there in Graham. Unless it fails inspection or there's a freak gas leak at the site and everything blows up, we'll be moving into it in early November!!




I've been hesitant to blog about it, because the last house we were under contract with fell through. This one, however, has nothing to fall through OVER. I mean... it's brand new! The only downside to this place is that it's not on 1.21 acres, but we're coping.
I have some pictures, but obviously they're not of our house. It's a model home in Maple Valley that's the same floor plan we're getting. We're getting the white trim like it has, so it looks almost exactly like ours will.

The pictures were taken with my camera's phone, which explains the odd angles and not being able to capture the entire exterior in one shot.


The entry-way, viewed from the stairs.



The powder room, stairs, and entry-way, viewed from the dining room.




Dining room to the left, kitchen straight ahead, back door, and living room to the right.




Living room.




Upstairs computer nook/loft.



The master bedroom. Door on the far left, my closet down the mini-hall and on the left, Donald's on the right, master bath at the end.




Only two months!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Code