Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hup Two Three Four!

Keep it up, two, three, four!


IMG_2926


The same day we visited the monkey temple, we also spent some time with elephants.

ELEPHANTS!

Big animals have a special place in my heart (which might explain why we have such large dogs), and I would gladly raise a baby elephant in my back yard if the home owners association allowed it.

IMG_2921

IMG_2923


Look at his cute little tongue! :
IMG_2919


Heidi was so cute feeding him!

IMG_2932


Then I fed some of the big boys:

IMG_2947


And then I RODE ONE!

IMG_2949



IMG_2956



Now, I felt a little bad after finishing the elephant ride. Surely, these sweet guys would be happier in the wild...

And then I realized that this is Thai culture. Elephants are a HUGE part of their national identity, and always have been.

It was fun, plain and simple. I loved every second of it, especially my time with the wittle baby elephant.

I can't believe I've already been here 6 days. Only one week left in this beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Code