Friday, July 15, 2011

Divine Courage

I love missionaries; particularly the sort that proselyte door-to-door. Even when they're of a differing religion from me, I find speaking with them to be a very uplifting experience.
It takes guts, and a complete surrender to faith, to knock on a stranger's door in hopes that the 1 in 1,000 who's willing to listen is out there. The path to that one lost sheep is discouraging and often humiliating and painful. Amen to that type of divine courage.

It was a Jehovah's Witness that knocked on my door today. He shared a beautiful verse from the book of Revelation with me, and it was a wonderful way to start the day.

While we had faith in Jesus Christ in common today, I would find a non-Christian missionary just as inspiring. To serve in faith like that takes such a deep sense of surrender to your convictions. If only more of the world were willing to seek out and share good things with an equally reckless abandon. What a courageous way to live.

Here's hoping we can all find something we believe in so strongly. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Code